Friday, May 21, 2010

Dinner and a show

Shortly after we had our daughter. The ILs came by to visit. Great right? You obviously have not met them. I was trapped with MIL. I ended up sitting on the slate floor of the kitchen as I was trapped in there. FIL parked himself on the couch and commandeered the remote and began flipping channels. No one was involved with welcoming the new addition.

Here is where their tackiness shows through. I was preparing dinner for my family and MIL casually asked what was for dinner. I replied that I was making chicken. She told me to make sure not to overcook it as dry chicken makes her nauseous. Oh they were staying to eat?? Really? Shocking.

1 comment:

  1. Reminds me of when i had my first and my parents came to see her-first grand child for them but they couldn't be bothered to come and see her til she was a WEEK OLD! then as i limped around-still quite sore from birth-getting myself a drink my mom said "aren't you going to offer me anything?" umm...pretty sure it's customary for YOU to be offering to help ME-not the other way around!

    ReplyDelete