Monday, November 30, 2009

What do you bring to Thanksgiving

Mashed potatoes? The casserole with the fried onions on top? Pie? Me- Tylenol and Advil. Yes- both. One is an analgesic and one is an anti-inflammatory (I am still working on figuring a way to use it on some people's opinions though). However- both are necessary. Or wine- or all of the above depending on the number of hours that we will be attending.

There are the obligatory greetings and hugs- and I am a tactile person- I like to be touched but not by my ILs. Then the kids go play with their cousins and they are at a great age; the older cousins have a slightly god-like status in the kids mind. Inevitably it gets loud (duh). Then the complaints start: "we have no pictures", "we never see you", or the comments "she is all B" etc. I bite my tongue- sometimes until it bleeds (hence pain killers). Then the cousins take the kids for a walk. Then more comments- "peace at last"- said by the same person who complained about not seeing us (At this I pour a glass of wine and smile).

Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment